Tuesday 19 August 2014

A couple of card stories



This was made for my friends daughter, but obviously it could be for either boy or girl. Firstly I cut out a circle, drew up and coloured a turtle,present and birthday hat (I think it derived from one of "Lawn Fawns" stamps), then I made a paper stencil for the hill and clouds. Then with a sponge and green ink, I laid down the hill top first, then moved the stencil a little to make a shadow. Secondly I put the mask (stencil) over the hill, and sponged on blue ink around the cloud stencil one by one. Then I laid the turtle, present and hat down with foam squares after removing all the stencils. I had a birthday sentiment in my stash of embellishments, cut it apart and laid it down on the blue card stock. Lastly, I had a number stencil for the "1st" drew and coloured that in with my white "uniball signo" pen and drew in the "st". Done a faux stitching, rounded the corners, and my card was done.


This 70th card was super easy, I cut out some brown pattern paper and a smaller piece of striped paper, drew up a 70 on some light pink card stock, cut it out and sponged on a bit of brown ink around the edges. Then I made a place for two sentiments, one with the flag end, laid it all down and then thought the 70 was not standing out enough, so I cut three pieces of the same brown pattern paper and laid them across the stripe pattern, replaced the 70, stamped the sentiments on to the coordinating places and adhered everything down with double sided tape.






Well this card was made for a 70 year old that won't act his age (lol). He loves his computer, so it was super fun to make this card. Using black card stock and my white uniball signo pen, I created the keyboard, monitor and mouse. Laid all this out on some pattern paper, added the sentiment stamp in black ink and added it to an A2 card base. Then for the monitor I added some gold puffy paint in a 70, drew in some colour and that was it. Everything was adhered with double sided tape except the monitor which was adhered with foam squares.
               




So this recipient is my husbands cousin, and not knowing what she likes (because we don't hang out all that much), I decided upon some creative thinking. I was still within my first year of card making, so I didn't have a lot of supplies. However I do have a scallop punch which is what created the flower, I have some light pink ribbon, plenty of scrapbook pattern paper, various colours of card stock (which was given to me by someone with a lot of supplies and a generous heart) some neat writing and a huge supply of double sided tape. I punched out two scallops and cut in to almost the centre to make petals and adhered them slightly off centre to make a flower affect. Drew and cut out two leaves to adhere under the flower, drew and coloured with a black pen marker the sentiment which I laid on some green card stock, the same green I used for the two leaves, then adhered that all down to some pattern paper with double sided tape. I then tied some ribbon around the front with a bow, then adhered it down with more double sided tape to some A2 size card stock. Believe it or not, the flower is coloured with eye shadow and added a few rhinestones to the centre. Work with what you've got!

Byeeee

 











No comments:

Post a Comment