Sunday 31 August 2014

Christmas 2013


Hi y'all,

So I know it's the last day in August 2014, but; I had not yet posted my Christmas cards from last year, so here goes.


This is a very basic card to make, firstly I started out adhering the stripy pattern paper on to an A2 size card stock, then I cut down two lengths of green paper and edged them with patterned scissors and then used a black marker to enhance the border (you can buy these scissors almost anywhere these days),  then adhered them to two lengths of ribbon, (this is a light cream colour with a silver edging), and before adhering them to the card, I wrote the sentiment straight on to the patterned paper. After the sentiment, I adhered the top and bottom to the card and I was nearly done. To make the holly and berries, I drew the holly outline on some green paper, cut them out and edged them with a black marker then drew the line down the middle of them with a slight curve, then I simply punched out some circles from some red card stock to make the berries. With that, I adhered them to opposite corners top and bottom, and that was it.

For my second Christmas card, this was even easier.


 Once again, this is a standard A2 size card. I trimmed down some metallic Christmas paper from my stash, and adhered that to the front of the card base, I then trimmed down some gold speckle paper I also have in my stash and adhered that to the bottom of the card base (easy yes), then I cut out a square to use as a place for the sentiment, and just edged the corner with some patterned scissors, darkened the edges with a black marker, and then wrote the sentiment in a metallic red gel pen. Then I adhered the tag to the front of the card, punched out half circles at the bottom of the card base so I could add some ribbon without it slipping of the card, and that finished the card.

Then last but not least,


Sorry about the photo, I was still at my craft table when the picture was taken.
This card came together quite quickly after I realised I was short four Christmas cards for the family, (you know when you realise you have forgotten to add some family, or extra family/friends turn up unannounced). Yeah, so this was what came to me, I had some left over white card stock from a previous project, and it happened to be square, so you work with what you got yeah? Then I trimmed down some green paper a quarter inch smaller than the card base.To that, I trimmed down some cream coloured Christmas wrapping paper, with gold writing on it and adhered that down to the green paper about two thirds of the way up. I then found these deer embellishments in my stash put that on some post it notes, (I know yeah, a crafter will use anything they have), then matted that with a slightly darker green paper than the base colour and stuck it over the Christmas paper, then to top it off I tied a bow with some, and now I have forgotten the word, you know the hay looking stuff, and added a gold sentiment sticker that I had in my sticker stash. Oh I just remembered Raffia!(the hay stuff), and that was that.

Till next time,

Thanks all, byeeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment